Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Dock:





Hey you guys! I feel so productive this week. I cleaned my room, finished a book I was reading, sewed two dresses, took photos, and most of all I updated my blog…all with 5 seconds to spare to save Batman from falling into a vat of acid…ok… so the last part is false…it was really Captain Marvel (SPHhh, like Batman needs anyone to save him.) Haha.

I made the dress I’m wearing out of chiffon…never doing that again. It frays way too much, but with a little help from my good friend Clear Fingernail Polish I survived. I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. I hope you like it.

12 comments:

  1. This is so great. I haven't sewed in ages and you are really inspiring me to have another go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is really cute! You're such good sewing inspiration (I just picked it up). I really enjoy your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful dress and photos! loving your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey :)
    great blog... i love your style!

    xx marielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the dress, I especially like the sleeves. Love long chiffony? sleeves. Clear nail varnish is great to stop seams ravelling I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, i love the pic..


    xoxo cla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love your dress. I would totally buy it if it was dor sale, no clue how you sew such gorgeous things!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh! I found your blog through an old post on BurdaStyle... I love it! Your photography is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this dress is so beautiful! is there anything you can treat it with so that the fabric doesn't fray? the pattern is MARVELOUS!

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. how did you learn to sew so well??!!! what sewing machine do u have? and ps, you are AMAZINGLY beautiful. jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone. : )

    @Natual: Well I pretty much tought myself how to sew, but then last year I got a scholarship to go a art camp over the summer for three weeks where I studied fashion desgin. I learned a ton of stuff there! I have a signer sewing machine. I got it at a grage sale a couple of years ago. Aw thank you that's really sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete