Saturday, July 6, 2013

Ohana Flower Print Dress

This was one of the first photo shoots that I took while in California.  I made this dress over a year ago and I was waiting for the right place to photograph it.  I've been saving it, because it doesn't really fit any location in Indiana (cornfields and soybean fields don't really fit the "beach" vibe). It's just a simple halter top with a gathered elastic waist and straps that tie.  When I saw the lines of palm trees, I was immediately glad that I waited for this location, because it fit right in.






Etsy Shop update:  

This dress is for sale in my etsy shop.  A few of the clothing items that I shot while in California I'll be putting up for for sale in my shop, once their posts go up.  You can buy this dress here 

All photos taken myself

 Also looking back on these photos I think that I was subconsciously channeling my childhood movie obsession of Lilo and Stitch.  What do you think?
Have a happy Saturday and more California pictures to come! 

10 comments:

  1. Both the dress and photographs are beautiful and the dress does fit perfectly with the California vibe. I love how 'Lilo' it is! A favorite Disney movie of mine for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are just so pretty! I'm so glad to have found your blog through Lookbook. This Hawaiian print dress is absolutely perfect for summer. I love the way your hair is styled too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet sweet Esther - you are the best. Love your Lilo dress and you and the photos are STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. I love the photos with the palms so much, they have beautiful lines and the dress contrasts them so nicely. Thoughtful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh I love your blog!

    Susan (from Brazil and http://www.thecutefashion.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! It was worth the wait till you got to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I live right down the road from you in the house that kinda still needs a roof(I know we are working on it). Anyway, I went to church with your brother and although I didn't personally know him, his story and the video you did(that my ballet teacher was in) had a huge impact on me. I just wanted to say that I have been and will continue to pray for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, wow thank you for commenting and sharing what you said about my brother! It's always special to me when I hear that people knew of my brother (even if he was only an acquaintance). Also that you live just down the road! Thank you for your prayers and for taking the time to write this. It really meant a lot to my day.

      Delete
  8. Love the Lilo dress, and the photo of you holding the palm branch off your head. Gorg-y!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm start reading your blog,all your photos look very good & nice !!! really nice & inspiring !!!

    ReplyDelete