Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Beach:





Hey you guys. My mom and I went to Chicago and the beach this weekend for her Birthday, (Happy Birthday Mom, I love you!!) It was loads of fun! We walked all over the city…trust me, my legs are really feeling it right now….man alive I need to get in shape! Then today we went to the Indiana Dunes and just hung out building sand castles and taking photos. I realized how much I hate the sun….even with about a pound of sun block lathered on me I still felt like a potato chip burning in a deep-fat-fryer…but Hallelujah there was this one little cloud that covered the sun for about 30 seconds when I was taking photos and it felt like heaven!! Yep, I’m so moving to Seattle when I grow up! The beach was really crowded, I felt like an idiot going back and forth from my tripod…I’ve officially decided to stick with deserted fields from now on…the stares are just too much! Haha.

I didn’t have a swimsuit so I thought I’d make one. I stayed up all night trying to finish it before we left I amazingly got it done in the car. I made it out of a cotton sheet I got at Good will for 50c. I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out, but I think I’ll make a new one because it has a couple of kinks on it. That’s what I get for using boxer shorts as a pattern guide. Haha. Hope you guys had a good weekend!


P.S. BUBBLE GUM ICE-CREAM!!

13 comments:

  1. THAT is amazing! It looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like, I like. Very 20's-modest-amazingnes.
    And I hope you liked Chicago. Isn't it fantastic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your sewing skills and creativity are amazing! I am really impressed by the suit you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing sister! you get used to the stares and shut them out after a while...trust me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i cannot believe you made such a fantastic suit in such a small amount of time... the pattern is positively vintage and beautiful... love the cut outs.

    you've got a fantastic blog and lovely style :)

    xo.
    princesspolitico.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the swimsuit, it is splendid and so vintage feeling! The diamond cut-outs are an especially great detail. I know how you feel about the sun, though I do love the heat. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you make your own clothes, and I'm a little curious about your swimsuit. How does cotton behave as swimwear? I've only ever used lycra to make mine, but I'm loving the idea of a cotton one. Does it wear well in the water, or is it sort of restrictive?

    ReplyDelete
  8. woah you made this?! amazing. love the floral and triangle cutout :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone for your nice comments!

    Bella Luna- It's really not that bad for a swimsuit, granted it's not as flexable as lycra, but still it's nice. Just make sure it's not skin tight. I put a zipper in the back, but I think next time I'll put it in the side so it's not as noticable. Hope everything works out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Esther. I'm super stoked to make it now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your swimsuit. Also, I recommend moving to Seattle, I live there and it's a really good place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is insanely amazing! So talented. I would buy a swimsuit like this. You managed to pad it too?

    satinsugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete