Sunday, June 6, 2010

Summertime stripes:



I’m so sorry that it’s been forever since my last post. I’ve been working on a big project and I can’t wait to show it to you guys! It’s almost done. I did manage to sew something else this week though. I made a little summer play dress, (always fun for a romp through a field.) I’m a t-shirt and jeans type of gal myself, but I have all these dresses I made. So my summer’s resolution is to wear more dresses…now if only I carry that through….yeah we’ll see how that goes…What are your summer resolutions? I made my own pattern and I used knit fabric for the dress and lace for the collar and trimmings. I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out. Happy Sunday. : )

9 comments:

  1. The dress is so cute, love the lace!

    Carmen.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress! I really wish I had your clothes makeing skills. All the stuff you make is so lovely. I'm not even sure how to make a dress with a pattern much less without. I'm worried I'd mess up. =/
    Hmm, my summer resolutions. . . I guess be more true to my style. I really enjoy wearing all vintagey stuff, but sometimes I get self conscious and dress differently according to where I'm going and who I'm going to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the dress, and you are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty dress, wet keds.. this looks so editorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog via the link from Molly's Sewing and Garage Sales Adventures, and after looking around I wanted to compliment you. You're good at making clothes, you take very nice photos, and you have lovely skin. Keep up the good work. And wear sunhats.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, that is an awesome dress. i am so very impressed when people sew up their own clothes. and your photo shoot is absolutely beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovee the shoees!
    Im your FAN!
    please visit my blog!

    http://itslesliee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! So great and love the dress with the Keds sneakers!! You got them all wet!! Hehe! Would love to see more outfits with you in keds, please? Great blog and writing!

    ReplyDelete