Saturday, December 31, 2011

Infinity Scarf



Hey Everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! What was your favorite part of Christmas this year? Mine was having my sister and my new brother-in-law home for Christmas :) It was super fun! On Thursday Ruth, Nate, my mom and I took the train into Chicago. I saw this amazing shop with an amazing quantity of beautiful, old sewing machines lining the front of the window…oh how I wish the sewing machines were actually for sale. Ruth and Nate took a picture of me while I was gawking in front of the window. Haha, I’ll be sure to post those photos later.

Most of my time right now is going into my Scholastics project that’s due by the 14th. Last year I made a dress out of pennies. As you can imagine it didn’t work out too well due to the weight of the pennies, so I didn’t even enter it. Haha so this year I’m making something that’s much lighter! Haha

Above is an infinity scarf that I made the other day. It’s for sale in my etsy shop if anyone is interested. A really nice elderly lady from my church taught me how to crochet last year and I’ve been hooked (no pun intended) ever since! I’ve been crocheting like a crazy lady in my down time. I like to crochet in my free time, because it’s very relaxing and I don’t really have to think about anything while doing it. If any of you would like to learn I found a good tutorial on how to crochet :)

P.S. Happy New Year!! ...well almost - in about three hours from now.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures as always.
    I've been looking for an infinity scarf to keep me warm in the winter.
    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You're crocheting now!
    I think that's so awesome. It's one of those lost arts that's slowly making a comeback.
    This makes me so happy!

    missyellowshoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Esther!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous infinity scarf. Did you use a pattern? I love it when there is just miles of scarf. My sister made me one for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! Happy New year to all of you!! :D

    Catie: Thank you! No I didn't, I just made it up myself. It's pretty easy; I basically just crocheted one big circle and kept going until it kind of became a long tube. That's cool! I bet it's super warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year TO YA!!!That scarf is UBER gorgeous...you have a great talent..just thought to let ya know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You see, you have inspired me to take interest in photography, idk how since i've seen so many others buh you have..
    and i wanna say thanks for that. ;D
    u are like my role model, i love art and fashion designing buh i never thought about talking photography until this moment. so Love ya! thanks ;D<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. JoReRi: Thank you!! I hope you had a wonderful New Year and that it's still wonderful!!

    Anon: Awe I'm so glad that you've decided to take up photography!! It's so much fun and I'm sure you'll be great!! If you have a blog or something up when you start posting your photography send me a link, I'd love to see it! :)

    ReplyDelete