Saturday, November 2, 2013

Dear Suzy

Oh goodness, it's been far too long!  I honestly can't believe that it's November already.  So much has gone on in the past two months that it feels like a blur, and I can't even pinpoint certain events to you (isn't that strange how that works?).  This last Thursday was Halloween and I was Suzy from Moonrise Kingdom.  While I was watching that movie last year, I realized  that I already had her entire outfit - saddle shoes and all!  It was incredibly convenient that I have a love for the 60s, because it very useful this week.   

Did you dress up for Halloween?  If so, what did you dress up as?  Do you have any pictures anywhere? Costume pictures are my favorite!
By the way - have you seen the trailer for Wes Anderson's new film?  It looks absolutely brilliant! 
 

11 comments:

  1. Excellent costume and homage to an excellent movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version! And you've got the right hair too. there have been many Suzy Bishops since the movie came out. Even i made my own dress, but mine was yellow. (she wears a yellow one in the closing scenes). We dont get dressed up for Halloween in Oz, so i just wear mine any time. I love Wes Anderson and i cant wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wes Anderson so much and I loved Moonrise Kingdom!
    Your outfit is perfect <3
    And I've seen the trailer already, it's incredible! I can't wait to see the movie :)
    Hope you're having a good day!
    Sybille

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess November always comes too soon. Suzy's style is adorable, we can't resist those collars, 60's cut and saddle shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love it!!! If I had red hair that's totally who I would want to dress up as! Instead, I wore a beret and my striped shirt and donned a mustache. It was actually quite flattering, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I squeaked a little when I saw this post. What a wonderful idea and execution to match! I can't wait for Grand Budapest Hotel. I'll be rustling up a crew to go and see it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just discovered Wes Anderson. Actually I used to get him mixed up with Wes Craven, the horror movie guy, so I was afraid to watch his movies...and then I realized it was two different directors...and now I love Wes Anderson movies! Love your costume. It looks so much like Suzy. You're perfect for the part! :) I dressed up like a fox so I could get cheap burritos at Chipotle. Here's a link to my blog post with pictures: http://patternandbranch.wordpress.com/2013/10/31/what-does-the-fox-say/ Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're very talent
    Amazing pics
    Love it <3
    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2013/11/sweetest-place.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe, my favourite bloger dressed up as a person from my favourite film.
    You look awesome!
    I also can't wait for "The Grand Budapest Hotel" with Tilda Swinton and other wonderful people.
    Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete